Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Two Weeks and a Little Rain ...

Actually almost 12" of rain ... but you won't hear me complaining we were in desperate need of it - And, just look what it did to my garden! (to see photos of our garden two weeks ago click here: http://herpeculiarlife.blogspot.com/2009/04/gardening-we-harvested-nearly-5lb.html) Our tomatoes are flourishing! I can already taste the fried green tomatoes I'll be enjoying this time next week.
Only a couple more days and I'll harvest this year's first bell peppers!

We planted two black beauty bell pepper plants this year. I can't wait to try these!


Purple green beans? I can't believe that by tomorrow evening I'll harvest our first purple podded bush beans. We planted only a few of these for color and variety. When cooked they turn green - just like regular pole beans. Our pole beans are flourishing, yippee!



Yellow squash! I am so excited - so far our squash and zucchini are doing well. The last couple years all varieties of our squash plants died just as they started bearing fruit. I've been praying for a good harvest this year as we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE squash.




Our first little baby zucchini. I am looking forward to sauteed zucchini and onion in garlic butter. Please join us in prayer for a bountiful harvest. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your garden is coming along so nicely!
    If I didn't love you so dearly my friend, I might be jealous. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B