Monday, July 5, 2010

Romans 8:28

(photo courtsey of www.photobucket.com)
Hey Y'all!

I am SOOO excited ... Last week I clicked in over at Mrs. M's blog, Frugal Home Living,(http://www.frugalhomeliving.blogspot.com/), to find she was holding a give-a-way for a gift certificate to CSN on-line stores. Since Hurricane Alex was making its way toward the S.W. Texas coastline, she shared her frightening childhood memories of going through Hurricane Alicia. She asked her readers to, in turn, share their own storm memories as part of her give-a-way competition.
I never expected to win when I shared my own terrifying memories of Hurricane Alicia - (isn't amazing how bloggers can live so close to each other, or find out they grew up near each other, and yet, most have never met in real life?).
I have won very few competitions in my life, so I never expected my storm experience to even put me in the running for a win. But, you know, God's Word tells us in Romans 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose." (KJV)
Thank you Mrs. M for selecting me! I feel so very honored.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulaions, how wonderful,the prize is well deserved.How small is the world yet how large that we probably pass some bloggers on the street and we would not know( well we would we are such a small town lol) but you know what I mean.Enjoy your prize.Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. How neat that you won! Mary R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes congrats hope your day is a truly blessed one, and know you will enjoy your prize. Hugs and blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B