Friday, November 5, 2010

2009 - 2010 Histroy Trail

A few months ago, (June '10), I shared photos from our 2009 Nature Trail. Today, I'd like to share a few photos from some of the history field trips we've had the opportunity to experience during the last year and a half. Whenever we travel, we try to incorporate various field trips. I think the opportunity to experience re-enactments and visit historical museums helps history come alive in a child's mind giving them a better understanding of the times they've studied.

Renaissance Festival - 2010, Plantersville, TX


OG and a home school mate in period dress. I think they are dancing in this photo.


Birds of prey demonstration.
Bell Instrument. It is played by one person using a pulley type system. Quite amazing!


Demonstration of the Gutenberg Press. If it had not been invented, would we have unrestricted access to the Holy Bible today?



Blacksmithing demonstration. This is a trade that remained virtually unchanged for centuries. There are still folks who use traditional blacksmithing methods even today.

2 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying "tagging along" on your field trips! The Renaissance was one of my favorite periods :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mrs. Hester,

    I am so glad you've enjoyed the photos from our homeschool field trips.

    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B