Friday, January 27, 2012

"They are grown men ..."

Each time our "big" boys come home to visit Mr. B gets a little sideways with me.  Why?  Because he says I continually treat them as if they are still boys. 
To be truthful, I have had a difficult time "cutting the apron strings".  O.K. I admit, I keep trying to re-tie them. But it is really, really hard to let the big boys be grown-ups when the following takes place:

:: AB, who is now 27, arrives home with strep throat & insists that he thinks it will clear up on it's own in a couple days.  I loaded him in the truck the next morning and took him to the clinic.  Two doses of antibiotics and he was feeling almost well.

:: I go upstairs and peek into the boys' room.  It literally looks like a tornado touched down in there.  AB (27), JP (21) and EJ (10) are "hanging out", aka wrestling.  Not only do I need to tell them to settle down but also remind them that I am not a maid.  I instruct them to make their beds and clean up.  A few moments later while in the kitchen and I hear JP say, "Hey, if you guys don't start helping me clean, I'm going to tell mom."

Yeah, they're grown men alright.

4 comments:

  1. And they will NEVER be to big to put over your knee when necessary!!!

    Love it!
    Mrs. A

    ReplyDelete
  2. my daughter told me boys never grow up...they just get bigger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was reading your response to Mom of 8 and thought I would pay you a visit. I am Odie Langley, 64 in NC and my blog is The Simple Life. I have 3 grown daughters that I don't see enough because they are spread out so far geographically. I laughed at the sentence about telling mom. In a way they never grow up. I'd like to read more and will be following along. Have a wonderful rest of the weekend.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I forgot to say that I also love instrumental music and your's is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B