Sunday, November 11, 2012

Curiosity Got the Cat

Not long after dinner today, I was working in my office.  OG was upstairs practicing guitar in her bedroom.  EJ was supposed to be in the basement den playing with his farm set & Lego's.  Suddenly, I hear a muffled cry, "HELP! HELP!".  It's EJ's voice.  I hurry to the kitchen threshold and call out, "Where are you?"  As OG comes running down the stairs, EJ hollers, "Downstairs!"  I rush down the basement stairs and find that EJ decided to TEST his coon/fox trap.  Well, it works!


As funny as we all thought this was at the moment, I am thankful we weren't outside working, or worse, he wasn't outside in our current 12 degree, 6" deep snow testing his trap where we couldn't have heard his cries.

2 comments:

  1. Oh EJ, what where you thinkin'? Silly boy! This is just one of the reasons I love you so. You keep us laughin'!!

    That is definitely a "poise pad" moment!

    Got to love him!

    hugs!
    -Mrs. A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mrs. B,

    I came across your blog while doing a Google search for how to send a pie in the mail; thank you for posting the detailed instructions! :)

    While visiting your blog, I read your postings about Biblical Submission, and they really touched my heart.

    I am a young (well, 36 - does that count as young? ;)single Christian woman, and the topic has been very much on my mind lately. I cannot help but think it was a strange coincidence that I was doing a search about mailing pies and just happened to find one by a Christian woman who just happened to have blog postings about the topic so close to my heart.

    I am posting in this more recent, though unrelated post of yours, as I was afraid maybe you wouldn't see a comment for a post from 2008.

    Is there any way I could email you with questions? I would appreciate it so much.

    Blessings,
    "Ms. C."

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B