Saturday, December 29, 2012

Home Alone - Day 8

Nothing exciting to report.  Since my ankle is swollen I've been trying to stay off my feet as much as possible and chores have been slow.  I spent most of my time today working on a crochet project.  I hope to have it finished by Monday evening.

This week has given me an opportunity to realize how much laundry my family dirties and how much food they eat.  Eight days alone and I've had only one load of laundry, one dishwasher load of dishes and cooked only two meals - I have plenty of leftovers.  If my family were home I'd have washed at least 2 loads of laundry every day and I generally spend at least 5 hours per day in the kitchen cooking meals that result in few leftovers.

Today was Mr.B's 2nd cousin's very formal wedding.  From all accounts it was GORGEOUS!  OG very much enjoyed dressing up and attending this fancy event.  Mr.B bought EJ new boots, a new belt and a new sports coat. It is reported that he looked very dapper.  I am eager to see the photos when they all return home.

I have abundantly enjoyed the quiet.  I am sort of dreading all the noise that will return with my family.  Yeah, call me weird - as much as I love my family (this home alone adventure is proving that they encompass my WHOLE life), I do not miss the noise that accompanies them.

Till tomorrow ...

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I just found your blog. Looks like you've had some nice "me" time.
    Hope you have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B