Thursday, June 20, 2013

Would You Really?

Our JP has leave!  It's been more than 18 months since we've seen him and are excited he's coming home.  Consequently, he is looking for a plane ticket home. While on speaker phone he and I were searching internet travel sites.   As I was reeling from sticker shock, OG & EJ walked into the office.  The ensuing conversation went something like this:

OG - How much is JP's ticket?
Me - So, far $902 is the cheapest we've found.
EJ - $902.00 DOLLARS?!!
Me - Yup.

OG & EJ leave the room for a few seconds while I continue our search.  When they return:

OG - Mom, JP, I have $300.00 I could give you.
EJ - And I have $30.00!
Me - Are you serious?  Would you really give up your i-pod savings and your dog treat money so that JP could come home?
OG - Of course, I can always earn more money.
EJ - Yeah.
JP - Well, that's very nice but I could NEVER take y'alls money.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B