Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Lost and Found

 This past weekend a fellow congregant, asked me if I would dog sit her shitzu, Kiko, while she was out of town.  Although I am not fond of small dogs, nor do I regularly allow animals inside my home, (The exception being newborn farm animals that are temporarily housed in our unfinished basement while it is still below zero outside), I wanted to be helpful and thus, agreed to dog sit.
Little Kiko was at our house only 4 hours when Mr. B asked Songbird to walk her while I cooked supper.  Songbird proceeded to open the front door and let Kiko out to run free without a leash.

 
Kiko immediately ran off into the hayfield, pictured here.  She would not come when called and, as you can see from the photo, it was impossible to see her in the thick, tall grass.  After an hour of walking the field and calling for the dog, I had to phone the owner and tell her that I'd lost her precious 12 year old Kiko.  The owner sent her daughter over hoping the dog would respond to her familiar voice.  NO, NOPE, NADA ...  After another estimated hour of tromping through hip high, stumbling thick hayfields, we finally spotted the little escapee in our driveway circling and sniffing the daughter's car.
Explicit instructions were given to ALWAYS keep the dog leashed when outside. 
Whew! That was a close one.  Word travels fast in this small community,  I do not expect anyone to request dog sitting services again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B