Friday, September 12, 2014

Frugal Feasting Friday

I know I've posted quite a few recipes lately, but I just had to share one more with you.  This really isn't as much a recipe as it is an extremely inexpensive meal idea ... like $0.51 per person meal idea.
 
 
BBQ Sammy served with a side of Vegetable Soup
How can I serve my family soup & a hot sandwich for only $.51 per person?  Here's the breakdown ...

Homemade Vegetable Soup  FREE
(LEFTOVER veggies & home canned chicken stock, costs were calculated into the 1st  meals)

BBQ Sammy:
   1 pkg. sliced hot dog wieners  $0.98 (sale price)

  mixed with:
   1/3 c. homemade bbq sauce   $0.34

   heated through and served on:
   6 hotdog buns   $1.50

   garnished with:
   store bought onion & pickle slices   $0.25 (homegrown onions & homemade pickle slices   $0.11)

6 Servings

TOTAL:  $3.07  OR  $0.51 per person ($0.49 pp if homegrown onions & homemade pickles are used)

1 comment:

  1. Looks very good, will try that one, hugs and have a great day..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B