Monday, February 15, 2016

Busy, Busy, Busy ...

Most of you who stalk follow my blog know that when it has been a while between posts, that usually means we've been VERY busy.  In addition to the regular farm chores, home schooling, church commitments and 4-H activities we've also been "on the road again" ... a tip of my hat to that old Willie Nelson song.  Of course, when any of us are away, that means lots of extra catch-up work when we return.

Songbird attended a 4-H state officer planning meeting in Bozeman, MT, Farmer Boy's 4-H livestock judging team had three competitions near the Fargo area (they earned 2nd place), and Mr.B and I took a day trip to North Dakota to pick up a jenny ... if you know what that is let me know in the comments section. 

I remembered to take my camera to Bozeman and although the weather was overcast, snowy and rainy most of the trip, I was able to snap a few photos to share with you, my faithful readers.




Although the western side of Montana is beautiful, I am always eager to return to the eastern prairie.  As stunning as the snow capped mountains are to the eye, the western region of Montana is, simply, too crowded with people for me to adequately enjoy that region.

While in Bozeman, I spent half my Saturday taking advantage of the retail opportunities a larger city offers.  I also enjoyed meals at Italian and Chinese restaurants - something not available out here on the prairie.   Bozeman is a city rich with artisans and all sorts of shops that sell their creations.  Below is a photo of a couple skeins of yarn that was harvested and hand painted right here in Montana.  I think it will become a nice scarf.


My calendar has quickly filled up and the rest of February looks as if it will be as busy as the past few weeks.  Whew!  I suppose I should get off this computer so I don't get too far behind.

8 comments:

  1. A jenny is a female donkey. I have 9 miniature jennies! Our herd also includes 3 jacks. They are all precious and so full of personality. I enjoyed the pictures of your trip. I've only been through that part of our great nation once. A move from Seattle to Washington, DC in late June of 2000.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ann,
    Yes! you are the first to answer and you are very correct. How fun it must be to have 9 jennies and 3 jacks. We purchased ours as a guardian for our goat heard. We are currently allowing her to acclimate to us in her own stall in the barn. In a couple weeks we will move her in with the breeding does and, hopefully, she will bond with them before we turn all out to pasture in the spring.
    Jenny, (yeah, not too creative with her name) is calm and seems to have a sweet personality. We are excited to add her to our farm.

    Thanks for visiting my blog,
    Mrs.B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well no wonder you have been missing from blogland! You have indeed been very busy with all you have going on and with all the chores that were waiting for your return. :) I loved your pictures from your trip. How I miss those mountains. My parents live in the western part of Montana on a small lake and we love to escape to there. It has become the place where we can rest and heal from all that life throws at us. Even though it is just about a 5 1/2 hour drive from us, finding the time to go is difficult, so we just make it over there about once a year. I must comment on that yarn...it is divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Debbie,

      Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment ... I love comments :-)

      My Dad lives out in western Montana, close to the Idaho boarder. It's a 12 hour drive for us, but I try to make it out 3 to 4 times per year. I've recently discovered the train and it makes the 12 hour trip much more relaxing, that is if schedules will allow me to ride it.

      Blessings,
      Mrs.B

      Delete
  4. Beautiful pictures! (I know what a jenny is. :) ) I'm glad you had a good trip. Montana is a state that I have never been to, but would love to visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Tegan,

      Thank you so much for stopping by. If you ever have the opportunity to visit Montana and happen to be passing through the eastern prairie, I'd love for you and your lovely family to stop by our humble homestead for a home cooked meal and a visit.

      Blessings,
      Mrs.B

      Delete
  5. I've been reading back on your blog and your world is beautiful! I've always wanted to visit your beautiful state of Montana. Here in the deep South we hardly ever see any snow and never snow covered mountains or prairies. I can just imagine knitting in front of a crackling fire with white snow out the windows....sigh. Thank you for sharing and always leaving such sweet comments on my blog. Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Lisa,

      I was so pleasantly surprised to see you've visited my blog even though I've been neglecting it for the past several weeks. I must tell you that you have a knack for writing on your blog that always brings a smile to my face and your blog and one that I have sincerely missed during this busy season of my life. I'm looking forward to catching up when things settle down and get back to a more "normal" routine.

      Blessings to you and yours,
      Mrs.B

      Delete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and leave a comment. I try my best to respond to each one. God Bless You, Mrs.B